Driving in a Winter Wonderland

11:48 AM Edit This 0 Comments »
Seattle with snow and icy roads is not Utopia. Just sayin'. If I were trying to finish my Christmas shopping I'd be in a panic because of all this snow, beautiful snow, but I'm not, so I thoroughly enjoyed my snow day yesterday. There was no way I was getting to work by bus or car, so I stayed home and watched t.v. and sewed. I couldn't run errands either, so it was wonderful. About 5:00 p.m. I was especially glad I hadn't made it into work since the buses had quit running, cabs were non-existent and the news people were telling everyone to stay off the roads, and those stuck downtown to find 'alternate transportation.' Exactly what would that be? Snowmobile? Horse? Hovercraft? If you can't drive, ride the bus or take a cab, you're walking. Am I wrong? We have brilliant news people here.

Lack of any more paid time off forced me to risk life and limb to get to work today. Yes, I'm just being dramatic—it wasn't too bad. Here's hoping I can get home!

0 comments: